It's time to put US gun deaths in perspective.
- The attacks of 9/11/01 killed 2,996 people. Guns do that every 4.8 weeks.
- Syria had 76,000 deaths in 2014. We do that every 30 months.
- The US has 6000 more gun deaths per year than ALL THE ISRAELI-PALESTINE DEATHS SINCE 1948.
- Two months of gun deaths in US top the total conflict deaths in the Ukraine.
- As many people are killed by guns in US in 26 months as in 11 years of the Salvadoran civil war (70,000).
- The Kashmir conflict has been going since 1947, with 47,000 killed. We do that with gun deaths in less than 19 months.
- Japan has experienced less than half the number of gun related crimes in the 70 years since World War II than the US experiences gun-related deaths in an average year.
Make of this what you will. What I make of it is:
By far the deadliest conflict in the world today is the U.S. Gun War. More people have died by guns since 1968 (1.5 million) than from all other U.S. wars combined (1.4 million) (Politifact.)